SF11-109 – 21% Fat, 2% Cholesterol Semi-Pure Rodent Diet
A semi-pure high fat diet formulation for laboratory rats and mice based on SF05-031.
- This Diet was developed to generate arteriosclerotic lesions in a range of susceptible mice
- Cholesterol has been increased from 0.15% to 2.0%
- Fructose has been added at 10%
- Vitamin and mineral inclusion rate has been increased to compensate for a suspected
reduction in voluntary feed intake due to increased cholesterol.
- We have evidence that irradiation at 25KGy can cause vitamin losses and possibly other
changes in the diet. Please contact us if the diet is to be irradiated.
Keywords:cardiovascular disease model, atherosclerosis, high fat diet, high cholesterol diet, hypercholesterolemia, atherosclerotic lesions,