SF11-099 73% Fat Ketogenic Rodent Diet
A very high fat very low carbohydrate semi-pure diet formulation for laboratory rats and mice some modifications have been made to suit locally available raw materials.
- Total fat content has been increased to 73% fat. Using generally recognised energy data this would equate to a diet where 92% of total energy is from lipids.
- The fats included to make up the total fat content have been chosen to maximize diet palatability whilst retaining a good spread of fatty acids. All known fatty acid requirements have been met or exceeded.
- We would recommend that this diet be transported and stored at less than 15oC. At higher temperatures the diet softens considerably.
- Calculated digestible energy has increased as a result of the increased fat inclusion.
- No Dietary carbohydrates have been added
- Vitamin and mineral inclusion rate has been increased.
- Feed is manufactured as a 15 mm x 20 mm block set in trays.
- A suitable control diet is AIN93G or AIN93M
- If the diet is to be irradiated please see SF19-214 for an increased vitamin version suitable for irradiation
Keywords: ketogenic diet, low carbohydrate, high fat, low protein, irradiation