SF10-052 78.8% Fat Ketogenic Modification of AIN93G
A very high fat low carbohydrate semi-pure diet formulation for laboratory rats and mice based on AIN-93G.
- Total fat content has been increased to 78.8% fat. Using generally recognised energy data this would equate to a diet where 94% of total energy is from lipids.
- The fats included to make up the total fat content have been chosen to maximise diet palatability whilst retaining a good spread of fatty acids. All known fatty acid requirements have been met or exceeded.
- We would recommend that this diet be transported and stored at less than 15oC. At higher temperatures the diet softens considerably.
- Calculated digestible energy has increased as a result of the increased fat inclusion.
- Dietary carbohydrate content is from sucrose only. Total carbohydrate content has been reduced to 1.72%.
- Vitamin and mineral inclusion rate has been increased.