SF02-020 0.02% Sodium, 0.07% Chloride Semi Pure Rodent Diet
A fixed formulation semi pure diet based on AIN93G rat and mouse, modified to reduce sodium content but retain chloride above generally recognised minimum levels.
- The macro mineral and trace mineral additions to this diet have been selected to minimize sodium and chlorine. A small amount of sodium is present in the casein and starch components of the formulation.
- Sodium chloride is added back to the low Na base diet to control Na content at 0.02%.
- Potassium Chloride is used to adjust Cl content to greater than generally recognised minimum.
- Feeding studies indicate that the diet is deficient in sodium for conventional mouse strains.
- See also diet SF01-030.
- A suitable control diet is AIN93G or AIN93M
Keywords: low sodium, sodium deficient,