SF02-006 60% Fat Modified Rodent Diet
A very high fat fixed formulation diet based on AIN93G rat and mouse.
- The high fat content has resulted in a 74% increase in calculated energy. To allow for the high fat inclusion, the carbohydrate content has been reduced.
- The fatty acid profile has an increased proportion of saturated and monounsaturated fats.
- Changes in all other nutritional parameters have been kept to a minimum.
- In one research facility this formulation induced clear evidence of insulin resistance after six weeks feeding.
- The high fat content has necessitated a change in the diet from away from a pellet to a small block. The block contains around 25 grams of diet and can be fed “as is” or cut into smaller sections for feeding.
- A suitable control diet is AIN93G or AIN93M
Keywords: cardiovascular disease model, atherosclerosis, high fat diet, high cholesterol diet, hypercholesterolemia, atherosclerotic lesions, heart disease