SF01-028 23% Fat Modified Rodent Diet
A high fat semi-pure diet based on AIN93G.
- Fat content has been increased from around 7% in AIN93G to 23%.
- Calculated energy has increased by around 24% over the base diet. 40% of the total calculated energy is from lipids.
- The triglyceride profile has an increased proportion of saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids over the standard diet.
- Other nutritional parameters have remained unchanged.
- The high fat content has resulted in a significant reduction in pellet hardness. The pellets must be handled with great care to avoid breakage.
- A suitable control diet is AIN93G or AIN93M
Keywords: cardiovascular disease model, atherosclerosis, high fat diet, high cholesterol diet, hypercholesterolemia, atherosclerotic lesions, heart disease