SF01-025 Rat and Mouse 22% Fat
A high fat diet based on our standard Rat and Mouse formulation.
- For general comments see the standard Rat and Mouse formulation
- The total fat content of this diet has been increased to 22%. In our experience this is the maximum fat content that can be included into a standard pelletised diet. Even at this content a significant loss in pellet strength is apparent. Higher fat contents are possible but we have found that the diet form must change.
- The increased fat content has resulted in a 28% increase in calculated energy from 14.3 MJ/Kg to 18.3 MJ/Kg.
- All other nutritional parameters have been kept as close as possible to our standard diet
- A suitable control diet is Rat and Mouse cubes
Keywords: high fat cereal grain based diet, metabolic disease, obesity