SF00-245 16% Fat 1% Cholesterol Semi Pure Rodent Diet
A high fat fixed formulation diet for laboratory rats and mice diet based on AIN93G.
- This diet was developed in collaboration with Judy DeHaan Klein (Institute of Reproduction and Development, Monash University).
- The diet relies heavily on two published papers ‘Synthetic low and high fat diets for the study of artheriosclerosis in the mouse’, Nishina et al, J Lipid Research Vol 31 1990 and ‘The mouse as a model for human cardiovascular disease and hyperlipidaemia’, Paigen et al. Current Opinion in Lipidology 1994, 5:258-264.
- Contains 0.5% Cholate and 1% Cholesterol.
- A suitable control diet is AIN93G or AIN93M
- We have received reports of a reduction in feed intake after prolonged feeding with some strains. This can be overcome by the use of food flavourings.
- In mouse model systems fat deposition is usually evident with 10 weeks.
Keywords: cardiovascular disease model, atherosclerosis, high fat diet, high cholesterol diet, hypercholesterolemia, atherosclerotic lesions, heart disease