Specialists in feeding laboratory animals
Providing quality nutrition in production and research diets
Specialty Feeds has evolved from Glen Forrest Stockfeeders, a company which was established around 40 years ago as a manufacturer of quality feeds for farm and domestic animals. During that time the focus of the business has shifted, and whilst quality has retained a key role in the operation, the type of feed we make has changed.
We now mainly supply diets to the research community – largely small animals in laboratories but also farm animals for agricultural research and native animals for environmental projects.
Glen Forrest Stockfeeders still exists and makes a range of stockfeed for the local market.
Specialty Feeds makes feeds for the production and maintenance of animals in many different environments. We aim to excel at this by:
- Ensuring that the diets we produce meet the requirements of both animals and their carers
- Ensuring quality in raw materials, processing, packaging and delivery
- Ensuring good communication with our customers, regarding them as important partners in our operation
- Ensuring we meet or exceed all statutory and legal requirements
- Adopting a policy of continuous improvement